Friday, September 5, 2008

A Candle for Crown


This is the sole piece interpreted entirely from the book The Dentist and the Toothfairy.I received one crowned tooth for this show; it was donated by my long-term friend Ruzica. As soon as I saw it I realized how incredibly appropriate it was to this show and the themes we wanted to pursue and highlight.

In The Dentist and the Toothfairy, the dentist has a son named crown. Crown dies and this is an integral part of the book’s themes of love and loss. I have lit a candle for the Dentist’s dead son. You’ll have to read the rest to find out how it ends… it is in the book.


This piece is now available for sale at Headquarters gallery.
1649 rue Amherst
Montreal QC
514-678-2923


A Candle for Crown- Jerome Prieur 2008
Mixed Media
Donated Tooth – Ruzica Krajcic
Special thanks to Aline Plante.
29 “x 11”x 9”
Sold

No comments: